Beauty Time Therapies - counterfeit products & deceitful advertising
I ordered the Jane Iredale starter kit as a birthday present.I paid extra for the faster shipping.
After not receiving the order on time I called customer service, they discounted my payment, which was fine. Then a week ago I noticed another charge from them for £34.99 pounds on my card! I called customer service and was informed what I purchased was actually to pay 3 payments of £34.99 and receive 3 shipments of the product.
After advising that this wasn't disclosed anywhere - the rep said she couldn't help me if nothing was wrong with the product.
I checked my order confirmation email, it said £34.99 starter kit. I then went to the Beauty Time Therapies website to see if I was losing the plot, if in fact I purchased a multiple payment option. I looked at the option I had picked it said starter kit £34.99, nothing about multiple payments on the advertisement. I then chose that option and started really looking and reading the fine print in the billing screen.
Low and behold in the middle of a fine print paragraph it said you are agreeing to a 30 day shipment, a 90 day shipment, and multiple payments. The numbers are never shown to you any other time. Not at check out, not in your confirmation email, not on the advertisement page, nothing. It is deceitful and false advertising!
When I complained to Jane Iredale themselves - I was told that Beauty Time Therapies aren't even authorised retailers and the products are suspected to be counterfeit!
I've since notified my card company who are investigating the matter. Be warned!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I went in to get a ombre and they created a disaster. I've never seen such a bad hair job before. I have uneven wave bleach lines close to my..."
- "I am beyond disbelief!! My hair looks like a child did it! Went to Hair Cuttery in Charloressville near Target and walked out with yellow hair with orange stripes! Go..."
- "I went to Salon Uruku (Aveda Salon) Harrison OH for the first time on Monday 4/20 for partial highlight and lowlights w cut. I’ve been an Aveda consumer for 12..."
- "Not one dress like I picture or same material,all see through,one even shows padding and one is stained with black mark on the front.poor stitching which is clearly visible.and one..."
- "I saw this white dress advertised on Facebook and looked at the Mart of China website, then because of China being in the name decided to put the name into..."
- "I found a bug in my bar of chocolate - nice. Anyone know how to complain to this company?..."
- "I bought a 12 pack of regular Pepsi at Kroger and after I purchased it we put the cans into the refrigerator and days later open them and found out..."
- "We bought a Dormia Queen waterbed and base frame from a store and the frame busted that night. As we were laying there... it actual creaked and pop! I ended..."
- "I got a loan in 2013 from One Main for $8,499.96. Never missed a payment of $276.25 for two years and checked my balance online and it showed I..."